Getting people to say nice things about Microsoft

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 09:31:37 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 01:35 -0500, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Thu January 25 2007, Ric Moore wrote:
> > I love this man... he has such well written stuff. Here's one where he
> > discussed the LSB wanting to create a universal package installer. Would
> > that be heaven or what?? Ric
>
> He is often interesting. But, in this vein, do you know about Linspire's plan
> to open up CNR to the masses?
> http://www.linspire.com/linspire_letter_archives.php?id=38
>
> ".....This week we announced that CNR will soon be available for many of the
> most popular desktop Linux distributions, not just Linspire and Freespire. In
> addition to Linspire and Freespire, the first distributions you'll see
> supported throughout this year are (alphabetically): Debian, Fedora,
> OpenSUSE, and Ubuntu....."

This sounds almost too good to be true, I think I would trust using a
system like that, with a universal LSB format and plenty of mirrors
maintained by the distros so one outfit doesn't rule the dnloads. I
would not trust just one outfit to be in charge. We might find ourselves
faced with a new breed of "shareware" with popups, gimmie gimmie and all
the old windows crap. If it can be made equitable and everyone is happy,
then I'd be for it. Ye Olde Curmudgeon, Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net