Re: Gnome Volume control and intel ICH5

On 24/01/07, Rob Brown-Bayliss <uncertain genius gmail com> wrote:
On 1/25/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox yahoo com au> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 14:40 +1300, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
> > I am unable to adjust the master volume on my sound card
>
> On one of my PCs, I have to use the headphone volume to control the
> master output.  Try that.

No suche luck, I have enabled every slider control and tired them all,
none control the output volume.

In Volume Control Preferences, do you have an alternative device? I have two:

HDA Intel (Alsa mixer)
Realtek ALC882 (OSS Mixer)

The volume track in the OSS device controls the master volume, but I
use the various channels in the Alsa device to control their relative
balance.

--
Mark Knoop