mounting an xfs partition

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Thu Jan 25 13:27:28 UTC 2007

Ed Greshko wrote:
> The permissions and ownership information is kept on the file system itself.
>    Simply mount the file system in question and change the permissions.  You
> will then see that when you unmount and remount the file system the
> permissions will be as you want them to be.

Amadeus W. M. replied:

Ed wrote:
> All of the ones that I'm aware of or familiar with.

For clarity's sake -- this only applies to Unix-style filesystems. Stuff
like ISO9660 (CD-ROM format) or FAT32 don't understand Unix permissions,
and other workarounds have to be applied.

James.
--
E-mail:     james@ | "The letters are Elvish, of an ancient mode, but the
aprilcottage.co.uk | language is that of Microsoft, which I will not utter