Getting people to say nice things about Microsoft (Linspire repo)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 16:18:17 UTC 2007

Scott van Looy wrote:

>> Also, if you really think there are security bugs lurking in the
>> programs you are running, wouldn't you prefer that they be
>> found and fixed instead of worked around, avoided, and allowed
>> to linger forever?
>
> I'd prefer they were found and fixed by silly people running them as
> root and deleting all their files as opposed to by me, yes ;)

And meanwhile you are so much better off just deleting your
own files...   I'm sure you'll be thrilled that the OS is
still intact and running after that happens.   While I agree
that this is a 'best practices' thing and probably worthwhile
in a multiuser scenario, I'm not sure its worth the extra
effort when the user you normally run as has write access to
everything that can't easily be reinstalled anyway.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com