Re: Gnome Volume control and intel ICH5

On 1/25/07, Mark Knoop <mpknoop gmail com> wrote:

In Volume Control Preferences, do you have an alternative device? I have two:

HDA Intel (Alsa mixer)
Realtek ALC882 (OSS Mixer)

The volume track in the OSS device controls the master volume, but I
use the various channels in the Alsa device to control their relative
balance.

Yes, I havea few deveices, I actually havea crative Live 24 card as
well as the on board sound deveice, I am usign the onboart sound
device as the line in on the creative card is getting re-sampled and
sounds like crap...  But I am using the onboard intel sound chip for
line in and audio out, it all works fine except the only way to
xcontrol the sound volume is via the volume control on the amplifier
it is pluged into...

--
Rob