smart error

oleksandr korneta atenrok at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 03:31:50 UTC 2007

on 01/23/2007 06:27 PM Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 14:10 -0300, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Em Terc,a 23 Janeiro 2007 13:06, Aaron Konstam escreveu:
>>> When launching smart I get this error:
>>>
>>> error: While using /etc/smart/channels/livna.channel: Base URL (baseurl) is
>>> a needed field for 'rpm-md' channels
>>>
>>> What does it mean?
>>>
>>> Below is the livna channel:
>>> /etc/smart/channels/livna.channel
>>>
>>> [livna]
>>> name=Livna for Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
>>> baseurl=
>>> 	http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/
>> Change this to:
>> baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/6/i386/
>>
>> Or fill in the proper values for your FC version and architecture. Smart does
>> not resolve this variables.
>>
>>> type=rpm-md
>>> failovermethod=priority
>>> #mirrorlist=http://rpm.livna.org/mirrorlist-5
>> []'s
>> Marcelo
>>
> That change sort of fixed it but indicated that smart is not so smart
> after all. I was annoyed that it suffers from the yumex bug that it does
> not allow multiple baseurls. BOOO!

every time I install new system I have to do this by hand. I was already
going to write some script which would parse yum repositories list and
create the one for smart. Just wondering, didn't somebody do it yet?

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./