Re: Too much hard drives failing

Pablo Povarchik wrote:
We have recently added 20 servers to our little farm, 7 of which were
having hard failuers on disks (SATA, Seagate, good brand new SuperMicro
boxes)

The fact is that this failures are coming up right after we decided to
move to reiserfs.

Can 7 out of 20 hard drives be defective (yes, of course, but what is
the % probability for this)?
Can this anyhow be related with reiserfs?

You might want to check the power in your datacentre. I have come across an issue where servers in a particular rack failed a lot, particularly the hard disks. An in depth investigation of that particular rack revealed a faulty power strip in that rack.

--
Regards
Vivek J. Patankar

Registered Linux User #374218