Re: Beryl on KDE not affecting anything

On 26/01/07, Rex Dieter <rdieter math unl edu> wrote:
Dotan Cohen wrote:

> I installed beryl as per the instructions at:
> http://wiki.beryl-project.org/wiki/Install/Fedora_Core
>
> i have also added the script to start it when I log in:
> [dotancohen localhost ~]$ cd .kde/Autostart/
> [dotancohen localhost Autostart]$ ls -l
> total 8
> -rwxrwxr-x 1 dotancohen dotancohen 27 ינו 26 12:46 beryl.sh
> [dotancohen localhost Autostart]$ cat beryl.sh
> #! /bin/bash
> beryl-manager
> [dotancohen localhost Autostart]$
>
> However, it doesn't do anything!

Try running beryl-manager by hand (from the menu, or manually in a konsole).
It could be that your video card/driver doesn't support (enough of) OpenGL
for beryl to function.

-- Rex

I did in fact run beryl-manager from the console. How would I know if
the card does not support enough OpenGL? Its an ATI x1400, I'd imagine
that would be enough.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/javascript.html
http://slashedot.com