passwords saved on firefox

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Jan 26 17:17:41 UTC 2007

Ric Moore wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 00:32 +1030, Tim wrote:
>> On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 00:43 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:
>>> At some point firefox saw me mistakenly enter wayward4now at gmailcom
>>> without the dot. Now, that keeps coming up as a choice between my
>>> various email account that start with wayward4now...
>> You should be able to edit stored passwords through the preferences GUI.
> OK, I found that, but it didn't let me edit them other than to delete
> the entry. ACK! I had a PILE of stuff in there, more than I would have
> ever realized. I went through that list like Paul Bunyon wielding a
> mighty ax. Whew! Thanx!

In the past with Mozilla, ages ago, I had this issue but I thought that
if you save your passwords in an unencrypted form it will give you a
text file.  You will have to play.

I just find it easier to delete the ones that I want to change and then
login to the site.  Easy as pie.

Maybe put in an RFE on the firefox development site to allow editing.

--
Robin Laing