Re: xml problems- one more time

Aaron Konstam wrote:

By itself, the main value of xml is that a standard parser can
extract the names/values in a portable way and if you use a
DTD you can check that the values are valid.   Beyond that
you need some agreement on what the names/values mean.

I understand what you are saying but let me repeat mu main question.
What is xmlto good for and how can it be used?

According to this: http://cyberelk.net/tim/data/xmlto/ it is a few levels up from xml. It expects xml docbook format as the starting point and is a script to drive the xslt-based conversion tools to different output formats.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com