Re: Please cancel my subscription

On 27/01/07, Charles Curley <charlescurley charlescurley com> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 04:37:53PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 26 January 2007 16:29, Nigel Henry wrote:
> [...]

> Nigel, the problem in most cases is the placement of the unsubscribe
> links.  Many email agents clip off anything after the "newline dash dash
> space" signature delimiter, so they never, ever see the unsubscribe
> instructions.

I've never seen an email client do this (which doesn't mean I claim it
doesn't happen). I believe doing so violates the relevant RFCs. The
best we can do is best effort. If some ignoramus is using a
non-standard mail reader, I feel no obligation to extend myself to
handle their situation. Especially as I would find putting the
unsubscribe notice at the top of every email unacceptably obnoxious.

Gmail does that.

This thread not dead yet?!?

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/82/bon_jovi.html