Starting Beryl crashs X

On my Dell laptop I've installed FC6 with KDE and Gnome- I mostly use
KDE. The machine is supposed to have a ATI x1400 viedo card, but I'm
not certain that that's what I got (how can I check that). I installed
Beryl, but running beryl-manager crashes X. Also, just running glxinfo
crashes X.

By googling I've come across:
http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=127305
Which suggests that I should have the driver "radeon" under "device",
however, for me it is:
Section "Device"
       Identifier  "Videocard0"
       Driver      "vesa"
EndSection

Should I change "vesa" to "radeon"? What else can I do? Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://dotancohen.com/howto/yum_repo.php
http://fedoratricks.com