Re: Please cancel my subscription

On Friday 26 January 2007 23:49, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 27/01/07, Charles Curley <charlescurley charlescurley com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 04:37:53PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > On Friday 26 January 2007 16:29, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >

> > > Nigel, the problem in most cases is the placement of the unsubscribe
> > > links.  Many email agents clip off anything after the "newline dash
> > > dash space" signature delimiter, so they never, ever see the
> > > unsubscribe instructions.
> >
> > I've never seen an email client do this (which doesn't mean I claim it
> > doesn't happen). I believe doing so violates the relevant RFCs. The
> > best we can do is best effort. If some ignoramus is using a
> > non-standard mail reader, I feel no obligation to extend myself to
> > handle their situation. Especially as I would find putting the
> > unsubscribe notice at the top of every email unacceptably obnoxious.
>
> Gmail does that.

No, it doesn't.

<quote>
 Dotan Cohen
<dotancohen gmail com> to For
	 More options	  24-Jan (3 days ago)
While connected to the net via wifi at the univernity, I don't want
Kmail to send/recieve mail. So I switch it to Offline mode. However,
every minute (when it would otherwise pull down new messages via POP3)
it pops up a message askng if I want it to go online. How can I tell
it once and for all that I DON'T want it to go online until I
specifically tell it to? Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/opera.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/188/everclear.html