printing 2 MB jpeg

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 20:29:45 UTC 2007

> > On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 09:27:05AM -0800, rfjones wrote:
> > > I have Linux 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6, it takes about an hour to print a 1.8 MB
> > > jpeg
> > > on a networked laserjet 2100 using the pxlmono driver
> > > I cant print at all using gthumb; just text junk
> > > the gimp will print a respectable page, but it takes about an hour
> > > Any ideas?
> > > TIA
> > > rfjones

How long does it take before the Laserjet's status LED starts blinking?

If it starts blinking nearly immediately take a look at network speed,
and then the amount of RAM in the printer.  I assume it's coming out
grayscale - have you changed the jpeg to grayscale before printing?
That will cut the size of the print job down considerably.

If it takes a long time for th eLED to blink, look at your CUPS setup
on the FC box.  How long does it take to print a test page from the
CUPS interface?

Chris