New FC6 Installation DVD released -- VDQ

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jan 27 20:50:42 UTC 2007

On Saturday 27 January 2007 20:42, Beartooth wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:03:15 -0800, Rick Stevens wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 21:54 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> >> Very Dumb Question : where are we to download the respin? I see no link
> >> on that page, at least not one to download from that works. Also, can we
> >> get it as CDs? I can't seem to get my old pentium2, which does have
> >> install problems, to see my USB DVD drive...
> >
> > They're available as torrents.  Go to this page:
> >
> > 	http://torrent.fedoraunity.org/torrents
> >
> > and grab the one you want, then burn it to CDs or a DVD.
>
> Well, I tried that. I'm afraid torrents are still way beyond me -- and I
> can't even tell whether the problem is me, azureus, my ISP, or something
> else. Are there really no plain ordinary old-style downloads??

Hi, Beartooth.  What usually happens with a torrent is that you get a small
file downloaded when you request the torrent.   Then you start up azureus,
and it will automatically read the information from that file and connect you
to appropriate servers.  If you are firewalled you need to open ports,
6881-6890, I think, but googling will confirm that for you.  The other thing
is to set a reasonable upload speed, because the download speed you can get
will depend on it.  Those who don't give back, don't get a fast download.
Finally, please keep your torrent open after you have finished downloading -
at least the same time as it took you to download.  That way you help spread
the load and, in a sense, pay back for the service you have had.

HTH

Anne