gphoto2 download command?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Jan 27 21:46:42 UTC 2007

Can someone give me the proper command to retrieve images from a camera
using gphoto2?

I used it casually once before to see that it worked and now that I have
a few pictures I want it refuses to give me an image.

It will provide .ppm and .raw files apparently but the only ones that do
anything are the .ppm and all I get is some colored lines?  I've gone
through man pages and whatever else I can find but I am not sure I'm
using the correct command to download the images from the camera.

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin