Re: Firefox opens rpms in new window on download

On Saturday 27 January 2007 21:26, rwhart mchsi com wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Saturday 27 January 2007 20:18, rwhart mchsi com wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>   My problem seems more general.  Upon attempted download with or
> >> without holding down the shift key, firefox opens the file in a new
> >> browser window.  I can't identify anything out of the ordinary in
> >> about:config settings for firefox.  Ideas please.  Is this a problem
> >> with FC6 IA64.  I don't seem to find it listed.
> >
> > Check Edit > Preferences > Downloads > View & Edit Actions
> >
> > BIN	BIN file	Save to Disk
> >
> > Anne
>
> Anne,
>   I checked that.  On firefox 1.5.0.9 when I open up Edit >Preferences >
> Downloads > View and Edit Actions the list is blank.  The problem is I
> cannot figure out how to add an item as you describe to the list.  Where
> is the list stored or how do you edit this?

When you download, the download manage should ask you whether you want to open
the package or save to disk.  I set the preferences to download to
~/Downloads, so when, as I always do, I say 'save to disk' I know it will end
up there.  That will automatically create that entry for you.

Anne