Too much hard drives failing

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jan 27 23:56:54 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 05:40 +0100, Pablo Povarchik wrote:
> We have recently added 20 servers to our little farm, 7 of which were
> having hard failuers on disks (SATA, Seagate, good brand new
> SuperMicro boxes)
>
> The fact is that this failures are coming up right after we decided to
> move to reiserfs.
>
> Can 7 out of 20 hard drives be defective

I presume that you've also tested the suspect hard drives on a different
computer?  If not, I would.

Another thing to test for with multiple failures, is adequate
ventilation.  Both the drives, and the hardware they connect to.

--
(Currently running FC4, also trying FC5.)

I read messages from the public lists.