where did server settings go in FC6? <OT>

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sun Jan 28 11:15:56 UTC 2007

On Sun January 28 2007, Ric Moore wrote:

> Yes, and I was the only guy using KDE too. <chuckles> The young kids
> used emacs for God's sakes. The little hackers. <chuckles> I loved
> everyone of them, but old Ric used what he used from his comfort zone.
> They didn't rag when when I would pass out after lunch, with my hands on
> the keyboard, for a brief nap. I heard from my periphery, "Old guys..."
> <snorts in derision> I like a well done gui. If someone could gui up

I think you're thinking of system-config-control - it did exist for awhile,
and then dropped out of the repos. I have an old version on this box, but it
no longer opens the display.

system-config-control
Xlib: No protocol specified

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/system-config-control/system-config-control.py", line 3,
in ?
    import gtk
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line 76,
in ?
    _init()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line 64, in
_init
    _gtk.init_check()
RuntimeError: could not open display

--