Re: calendar command missing

        Are you by chance thinking of cal? (it prints out a calendar for the
current or specified month and year). it should be in your /usr/bin
directory and is provided by d year). It is provided by the util-linux
package.

Scott(2)

No, I do have cal, but calendar is a separate command, that reads a calendar file in the user's home directory and spits out any dates it finds in the file as events of the day. So if I had calendar file that had a line like:

Meeting on 1/28/2007 at Joe's house,

when invoked, the calendar command would spit the line back out on 1/27 and 1/28, as calendar events for "tomorrow" (when invoked on 1/27) and "today" (when invoked on 1/28).