keyspan usb serial and fc6 help

matt pieklik mpieklik at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 17:51:09 UTC 2007

I had my keyspan USB serial adapter 19HS working with FC5, but now
that I have upgraded to FC6 it is no longer fully functional.  It is
detected, and I get one way communication through it when I use
minicom.  I am able to send but not receive, I determined this by
connecting two machine via serial.
Is this a problem with the USB serial adapter, or do I not have the
associated serial port configured correctly?

Here is the output from the startup:
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
usbcore: registered new device driver usb
usbcore: registered new interface driver libusual
usbcore: registered new interface driver hiddev
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: v2.6:USB HID core driver
usb usb1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb usb2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb usb3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb usb4: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
usb 2-2: configuration #1 chosen from 2 choices
SELinux: initialized (dev usbfs, type usbfs), uses genfs_contexts
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for generic
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial_generic
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial Driver core
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for
Keyspan - (without firmware)
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for
Keyspan 1 port adapter
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for
Keyspan 2 port adapter
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for
Keyspan 4 port adapter
usb 2-2: Keyspan 1 port adapter converter now attached to ttyUSB0
usbcore: registered new interface driver keyspan
drivers/usb/serial/keyspan.c: v1.1.4:Keyspan USB to Serial Converter Driver

Thanks for any help.
Matt