Re: FC5/FC6 latest kernel crash when using cifs

toracat <toracat roadrunner com> writes:

> I could not get the patch command to work either.  So, I manually edited
> the sess.c file.  The change is very minor as you can see.  It is probably
> easiest to just edit it.

After doing so, compiled and and copied the cifs.ko file into
/lib/modules/... dir, I can mount my share, but as soon as I do ls
/mnt/dir, I get a kernel error (EIP) message. However, I'm able to
umount it again. So what's the problem this time, do you think?

Lars