Re: Bash globbing files only?

On 1/28/07, Daniel Qarras <dqarras yahoo com> wrote:
Hi all,

with Bash one can list directories (excluding dot dirs) like this:

ls [^.]*/

How can I list files instead of directories with Bash? I thought this
would be trivial but I can't find a solution anywhere.

Thanks.

I'm not on my Linux partition so I'm going by memory here, but something like:

ls -lAR / | grep -v "^d"

That will list Almost all files (exclude . and ..), Recursive, long
format, then exclude anything that is a directory (as those have the d
in front of the permissions).

Jacques B.