where did server settings go in FC6?

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 28 22:54:23 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 16:07 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 06:16 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> > > Well, I'm not completely nuts. Not completely. And the other guy saw it
> > > too. That makes two of us. It was some kinda gui which had a bunch of
> > > gui menu boxes in it, like Samba, Named, Printer (I think), Apache, and
> > > a couple more, including network (which pulled up the usual network gui)
> > > and they were all in one place at once in one box. Nifty. A central
> > > server setup GUI.
> > >
> > > So, now it appears to be gone and I used the darned thing only a month
> > > or two ago when I was blagging about the network going down. That turned
> > > out to be the nameserver I tie into to going up and down... (the
> > > bastards)
> > >
> > > Ok Rahul, I know you're out there. Come out from the closet you're
> > > hiding in and tell us where it went? I know you know. :) Tell us nicely
> > > what you did with it, and we'll forgive you.
> >
> > Was this not sufficiently clear?
> > http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-January/msg03885.html
>
> No Matt, but thanx.
>
> I'm not talking about system-config-services, nor some entry into the
> k-menu. There was a binary or a script that presented all of the server
> settings inside one gui. Maybe you never saw what we are referring to?
>
> Yup, I've got  "system-config-nfs" and that does work to setup nfs, but
> was also included on that system "master setup" gui that I'm trying to
> describe that did exist. Jeeeez, this is crazy so I'll just drop it.
>
> One day it'll pop back into existence and I'll say "Woot! Der it is!"
> Ric

I aklso don't know what its name is. It is not system-config-services,
however, if you run yum install system-config\*
the gui will appear under  System-> Administration->Server Settings

I did this two days ago.

"The NY Times is read by the people who run the country. The Washington
Post is read by the people who think they run the country. The National
Enquirer is read by the people who think Elvis is alive and running the
country..." -- Robert J Woodhead (trebor at biar.UUCP)
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net