Re: OT: dual-core or 64 bit?

On 1/28/07, Mick Mearns <off_by_1 yahoo com> wrote:
Hi list;
 this is off topic.

I was wondering which is better a dual-core x86 cpu or an x64 cpu?
Which is actually faster/better in "normal" use?
How about installation problems and hardware cost?

I am not planning any upgrades just yet but am curios.

Why not get a dual-core x86_64 CPU?  All the AMD dual-core chips are
64-bit and Intel's Core 2 Duo is 64-bit.  Personally, I like AMD
better.  There is really no reason to get a 32-bit only CPU anymore.
If you don't want to run 64-bit yet, you can still run 32-bit just
fine.  And a 64-bit installation gives you the choice to run both.

Jonathan