Re: Cron message puzzle

On 26Jan2007 19:25, Anne Wilson <cannewilson tiscali co uk> wrote:
| Unfortunately that has only partially solved the problem.  I'm now getting
| logwatch messages, but no cron ones.  There is a small backup job due to run
| twice daily, and I haven't seen any message for it yet.  The job clearly ran
| this afternoon, as I can see files on the backup drive that were not created
| until this morning.

Are they being delivered to the machine itself instead? I have noticed that
some jobs deliver to root localhost or some icky variant like that, and some
do not. Annoying.

Is there a /var/log/maillog file tracing mail delivery? (Possibly
another syslog file.)
--
Cameron Simpson <cs zip com au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/