Thunderbird issues

Jeffrey Ross jeff at bubble.org
Mon Jan 29 00:57:19 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 09:34 -0500, Jeffrey Ross wrote:
>
>> 1) I can't set a custom sound to play upon receiving mail, the default
>> "ding" works fine, and the wave file I want to use plays file with the
>> "play" command.  When playing the sound I just get screeching from the
>> speakers.
>>

> Sounds like your file format isn't one it supports.  You could try
> converting it to another format.  Perhaps Thunderbird needs wav files.

Well your right about the incompatibility, for the wave file, I took the
wave file opened up in  audacity and then resaved it again as a wave
file and it now works.

file showed before:
RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft ADPCM, mono 11025 Hz
and then after:
RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, mono 11025 Hz

so I guess the first format is incompatible but the second is.

remaining problem is the fields in the display message pages....