Re: yum blew up python?

Dave Stevens wrote:
> [root localhost ~]# rpm -V python-elementtree
> [root localhost ~]#
>

> so I assume it is absent. But without yum how do I get it back?

No, it exists and there are no problems there.  If it didn't exist
you'd see something like "package python-elementtree is not installed"
instead.  You could change -V to -q to confirm that it is installed.

Then the question is why isn't yum finding the module it needs.  Try
running the rpm verify command on yum and see if something is amiss
there.  You might also want to run yum with a higher debug level and
see if that tells you something useful (the -d option, followed by a
debug level).

It is hard to fight an enemy who has outposts in your head.
    -- Sally Kempton