Re: Bash globbing files only?

Yes, I am painfully aware of the power of zsh :) But in this case I
need to do my script with bash and it seems that although globbing for
directories is trivial ( */ ) there is no similar pattern to match
files.

I don't know if it's just me, but I tried your syntax to list
directories and that doesn't work for me.
You use:  $ ls [^.]*/
correct?
All that does on my system is list all files, including files in any
subfolders within the current directory. Basically seems to do the
exact same as if I do: $ ls *

Jacques B.