DVD choppy

alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon Jan 29 21:54:18 UTC 2007

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> On 29/01/07, alan <alan at clueserver.org> wrote:
>>
>> It is an Intel 945GM Chipset (according to the dmesg log posted).
>>
>> Sound like either the hardware acceleration is not enabled or the player
>> is using a video mode that is inefficient or not working.
>>

> Thanks, Alans. How would one go about enabling the hardware
> acceleration or changing the video mode?
>
> I'm having problems in all players: Kplayer (based on mplayer),
> kaffiene, and I think Noatun (I can't get past the menu selection on
> Noatun). However, I just checked vlc and it works fine. I'd still like
> to fix kplayer, though.

Are you launching it from a menu item or a command line?  If you are using
a menu item, try using the command line and see if any interesting error
messages get printed.  Maybe you have something misconfigured and it is
just being slow instead of erroring out.

--
"Invoking the supernatural can explain anything, and hence explains nothing."
                   - University of Utah bioengineering professor Gregory Clark