How to set up mirrors in Smart Package Manager?

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 29 23:59:31 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 11:45 -0500, oleksandr korneta wrote:

> on 01/27/2007 01:40 AM Claude Jones wrote:
> > On Sat January 27 2007, oleksandr korneta wrote:
> >> Personally I didnt think about that too much, except maybe
> >> "yeah, it would be nice to have something like that". Just because
> even
> >> if had to create the .channel files manually, I had to do that only
> one
> >> time, right after the system is installed. Another thing, is that
> the
> >> maintainers of the repositories (particularly Livna) do not think
> about
> >> providing the configuration packages for smart, like they usually
> do for
> >> yum or even apt (???). So looks like someone should give them a
> little
> >> push.
> >
> > As regards Livna, if you install their livna-release package for
> FC6, you can
> > subsequently look in /usr/share/doc/livna-release-6 and find there
> > script 'livna-smart-channels.sh' which you should run from a root
> terminal
> > prompt 'sh livna-smart-channels.sh' - that will install the channels
> for
> > Livna in Smart.
Well this script must install livna channels but I can't figure out
where . They are not in /etc/smart/channels/ and I can't find the
channels in this directory when I execute smart --gui.
So what is the deal. This all was working before I ran that script.
"I'd love to go out with you, but the last time I went out, I never came
back."
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net