usb hd

john s. john at johnsdesign.net
Tue Jan 30 05:23:25 UTC 2007

  I plugged in an old hard drive, via usb. I was able to format the
drive (fat32, don't ask)- that's as far as I can go with it though... I
click on the icon and I'm told I don't have enough privilege to mount
the drive. Doh! Another weird thing I've noticed- not sure if it
matters. I had to set jumpers at cable select, instead of as master,
just so the crazy thing can even been 'seen' by FC. I'm using FC5, but
plan on using the set up with 6 (my laptop) and Windows.

           John