cdrecord problem

Steven P. Ulrick lists-fedora at afolkey2.net
Tue Jan 30 18:47:42 UTC 2007

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 23:06:22 +0530
ram <talk2ram at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> i have downloaded FC6 DVD, iam trying to create ISO CD
> and burning using cdrecord but i get this problem, can some one tell
> me what is the problem
>
> and suggestions  to make success writing CD

> after this try to mount and see what is there in CD, iam not able to ?

Hello
Just a shot in the dark, but after you burn the cd, try the following
(if you haven't already:)
1. Eject the CD.
2. Without removing the CD you just burned, close the drawer on your
burner.
3. Attempt to mount the CD again.

Ages ago (well, years) I had the same problem.  I discovered that if I
ejected the CD and then closed the drawer again, then I could mount the
CD and see the data.  For a test, I am now burning a data cd from an
ISO image and I will attempt to mount it before I eject the CD....

This was the result:
[root at afolkey2 steve]# mount /media/cdrecorder/
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdwriter,
       missing codepage or other error
       dmesg | tail  or so

I then ejected the drawer and then closed it right away, and the result
was as follows:
[root at afolkey2 steve]# mount /media/cdrecorder/
[root at afolkey2 steve]#

I then browsed to /media/cdrecorder and the data that I burned to the
CD was all there.

I hope this is the same problem that you are having.

Have a Great Day/Night,
Steven P. Ulrick

--
 12:38:20 up 56 days, 18:46,  1 user,  load average: 0.10, 0.40, 0.38