Re: OT: Python, Zope and Pone (RHEL v4)

On 29/01/07, Jamie Bohr <jamiebohr gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

My department has chosen Plone as a CMS tool.  We already have a RHEL V4
server we would like to host this on.  RHEL V4 comes with Python 2.3.4,
Plone requires Zope which requires Python 2.4.3.  I could not find an RPM
package for it, so before I compile and install it I was going to remove
Python 2.3.4; there are tons of dependences I would rather not remove.  I
don't want to mess up this system because it is a production server (used
very little) and looking for guidance on how to proceed.  Should I install
yum and point it to some Fedora sources for Python, Zope and Plone?  Is
there a source out there for newer Python, Zope and Plone that I did not
find (I googled for them)?

I believe that rpmforge ( a third part repository of rpms for various
distributions including RHEL 4) has RPMs of plone, zope and
dependencies. - rpmforge.net.