[Fedora] Re: FC6 not connecting -- amplification

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Jan 30 19:57:38 UTC 2007

Beartooth wrote:
> Btw, I just looked (with the GUI, which seems to use gedit) at
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts. There *are* a bunch in there with names
> like ifcfg-eth0, and the one I'm looking at resembles things I've had to
> be walked through editing in FC3 or 4 -- with entries like DEVICE=,
> ONBOOT=yes, and so on. And the HWADDR= looks to be what it has always been.

    Theoretically you should have two ifcfg- files, one for eth0 and one
for lo:

ls -l /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg*
    /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-lo

    This is assuming your machine only has ONE nic in it.  If it has
more then one, you'd see an ifcfg-eth1 as well, basically one ifcfg-
file for each interface.

    Meeting...

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6