FC6 not connecting -- amplification

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 31 01:48:14 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 19:33 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> Any time I first reboot and/or log in, doing /sbin/ifconfig gets me
> only what the network connection icons do : lo only, with no
> indication of any eth0 nor way to add one.

I've had that on one box where ACPI and Linux didn't get along.  I had
to tweak BIOS options.

I'm wondering whether you'd better off to run the "neat" tool (a GUI
tool for network configuration), remove all the current hardware devices
configured, and try adding them again.

I read messages from the public lists.