bottom taskbar not auto add editable

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Jan 31 08:38:32 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 31 January 2007 02:51, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
>On 1/31/07, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I recall being able to pick up the icon for a link to an application,
>> drag it down the the bottom bar and drop it there in previous editions
>> of kde, but now all I'm getting is a launch of whatever icon I touch
>> in the process.  Surely there is room between the F and the pager for
>> more than 3 icons?
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>
>Make sure that your kicker ("bottom bar") is not locked :)
>Right click on it, then you can unlock your kicker :)
>
>Chitlesh

Thanks.  It wasn't checked when I looked just now, and I did figure it out
eventually.  Before, you could drop an icon in the middle of some others
and it would reconfigure so there was room for it, with the icons to the
right moving right one more "box".  Trying on a blank area to the right
of the kicker, it worked.  Then I found I could if I got the pointer just
so to the left of the tasklist, I could grab the task list and move it to
the right.  Aha! I said, and moved it over the icon I'd dropped, and it
snapped to the other side of the tasklist, to the left side of it.  Then
I grabbed the pager & moved it, doing the same thing.  Then I could grab
the icon and move it over next to mtinks icon.  And I left the pager
about mid-screen to make sure there was room enough for at least 3 more
there, and I'm a happy camper again.

Many thanks for the reply.

--
Cheers, Gene