Problem accessing some https sites

Jacques B. jjrboucher at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 14:40:30 UTC 2007

> > The usual suspects are javascript, flash, activeX.  I'd start by checking
> > javascript settings.  Oh yes, and some such sites need popups available.
> >
> One more thing I've remembered.  I used to have Mozilla set to only display
> graphics from the originating site, and I saw something similar to what you
> describe.  Banks, and many others, sometimes use external urls to deliver the
> graphics, so that setting had to be changed.  What I did was to allow all
> graphics, load the site, note where the graphics loaded from, then make an
> exception rule for that site before switching back to the original setting.
>
> HTH
>
> Anne

Thanks Anne,

I had the bank URL in trusted sites, but added their other domains as
well just in case.  Javascript is enabled, and I haven't done anything
to prohibit graphics from loading so I don't think that is the
problem.  And I don't imagine it's ActiveX because it works fine from
home.

I'm going to re-boot into my SuSE partition and see how it behaves from there.

I'll post an update.

Thanks,

Jacques