fedora-list Digest, Vol 35, Issue 313

Robert Cahn robertscahn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 23:42:47 UTC 2007

I have a page which is composed of 2 frames.  The code for the page has has
the brackets removed
to avoid the email being bounced and is shown below:

frameset cols="25%,75%"
        frame name="navigate" SRC=" mainmenu.html" marginwidth="10"
marginheight="10" noresize
        frame name="maintext" SRC="indexmain.php" marginwidth="10"
marginheight="10" noresize
/frameset

In the navigation section I have a link to bringing up a login page in
maintext.  If the UID, PW check out
I then issue the following from php

    echo "html body script self.location=\"lmain.html\
";parent.navigate.location=\"lmenu.html\" /script  /body /html";

In Firefox this works like a charm.  In Microsoft IE the part

parent.navigate.location=\ "lmenu.html\"

fails.  Can anyone suggest how to fix this problem with IE or where else to
submit this question?

/Robert Cahn
Gipsy Trail Club
Carmel, NY 10512