The case against LVM

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Jul 31 14:54:17 UTC 2007

I've been using LVM on one computer for some time,
without any real problems.

However, I've decided that it causes unnecessary complications,
as some applications do not seem to accept the LVM devices,
while I don't find any real advantages to compensate.

I thought it would simplify changing the sizes of partitions,
but as it happens I never need to do this
with today's enormous disks.

I wonder if that is the general experience?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366