full duplex and mtu question

chloe K chloekcy2000 at yahoo.ca
Sun Jul 1 01:34:10 UTC 2007

Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:    On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 10:05:05PM -0400, chloe K wrote:
> How can I force the NIC to full duplex?

ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off

Note that the switch you're connected to will also have to be forced to full
duplex -- if one side is set to autonegotiate, the fallback is half duplex.

  Chloe] how can I put it in boot time? ls it in rc.local ?

> and change the mtu

ifconfig

  chloe] Do you know whether there is any network issue if we don't change MTU as same as our provider? eg: our upstream provider router is using mtu 1600 but our end is 1500.

> where the file should I set it in boot time?

depends...

  chloe] can you give me example?

> have you tried to force 10G full duplex?

Wait, hold on. What hardware do you have and what are you trying to do?

  chloe] I will use the fedora as router. the NIC is "myrim 10G network card"

  Thank you for your help

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Boston University Linux ------>

 All new Yahoo! Mail -