Setting yums repos to a near mirror

[Sunshine Tech Solutions] Ravi Gehlot ravi at sunshinetechsolutions.com
Sun Jul 1 20:21:49 UTC 2007

Hey Jay,

    I tried to yum install yum-fastestmirror on FC4 but got no luck. Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Ravi.

Jay Goodman wrote:

> Martin Hooper wrote:
>> New to FC7 - How do I change the repos in Yum from the current whole
>> mirror list to a local one?
>>
> yum install  yum-fastestmirror
>
> This yum plugin seems to work fairly well.

Ravi Gehlot.
Sr. Management
Sunshine Technology Solutions, LLC
http://www.sunshinetechsolutions.com/
ravi at sunshinetechsolutions.com
Cell Phone: (407) 860-3775
Business Line: (407) 745-1433

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.