evolution-2.10.2-2.fc7 crashes if you set a search folder with a relative date

Matthew Saltzman mjs at CLEMSON.EDU
Sun Jul 1 23:41:02 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 03:30 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-07-01 at 10:34 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > Confirmed (in evolution-2.10.2-3.fc7, currently in updates-testing).
> > File the bug.  You can use BugBuddy to file the GNOME bug, but you
> > should also file a Fedora bug that points to the GNOME one.
> >
> > You'll want to install debuginfo packages for evolution-whatever and
> > ORBit2 so that the tracebacks are meaningful.
> >
> > I also get occasional other random crashes, but I haven't been able to
> > reproduce them reliably.
>
> Me either, this is the first one that I've been able to repeatedly
> trigger, but I was curious whether I'd stuffed something or if it were
> systemic.
>
> I'd previously submitted another Evolution bug buddy report, but got a
> reply back wanting me to install a few debug info packages and try and
> crash it again.  Knowing what else to install would be a guessing game
> for me, and the particular crash I was having stopped being
> reproduceable (grr).  At least I, now, have a repeatable one to play
> against.
>
> You think this is a Gnome and Evolution bug?

Bug Buddy wanted to submit the bug, so I'm guessing it's Evo.  (For some
reason, BB doesn't think evo-data-server is a package it knows about.)
The last time I let BB file an Evo bug, I asked and they told me to
install the ORBit2 debug package too, because there were still
unresolved symbols in the traceback.  I still see unresolved symbols,
but they may not be ones the developers care about.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu