Network Install Glitch (F7)

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 2 11:05:36 UTC 2007

Tim Perry wrote:
> There appears to be a glitch in anaconda when I do a network install.
>
> It goes something like this, I enter the server name and directory
> name as follows
>
> server: fedora.mirror.iweb.ca
> directory: releases/7/Fedora/i386/os
>
> and it searches for the files in this location:
> ftp://fedora.mirror.iweb.ca//releases/7/Fedora/i386/os
>
> I do back and see this:
>
> server: fedora.mirror.iweb.ca
> directory: /releases/7/Fedora/i386/os
>
> and no matter how many times I remove the slash at the beginning of
> the directory it returns when I move to the next screen.
> So is anyone else having this problem
This seems to be as designed.

> or is it just me
No.

...and if it is:
> How do I fix it?
You don't do anything. What happens if you put that url in a web browser  ?
Someone described to me that all posix systems must accept such a URL;
in fact try it with ten / in various locations.

This may be an anaconda issue with a specific ethernet adapter type.
What type do you have ? Is it mentioned in the release notes or common
issues:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/F7Common

DaveT.