latest ipw3945 kernel updates

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 19:20:49 UTC 2007

On 6/29/07, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:

> Hello I tried to yum mac80211 but it doesn't work on FC6. I have a Sony
> laptop with FC6 and would like to get the WiFi working on it.
>
>     Where can I learn about doing this?

mac80211 and iwl3945 are not separate packages. They are in the kernel
itself.  The newest testing version I know of is in Dave Jones's
repository here,

http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/fc7/RPMS.kernel/i386/

 it's version kernel-2.6.21-1.3232.fc7.  As far as I can tell, the
iwl3945 driver is quite a bit better than the original F7 kernel.  I
still have a lot of trouble making NetworkManager work, but the
iwl3945 itself does seem to connect much better.

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science