having trouble with web site and resolving a host

David L. Gehrt dlg at inanity.net
Mon Jul 2 19:31:43 UTC 2007

> Hello there,
>
> I finally got the eDns client to work properly.  However, I have a few
> other questions.  I want pilotalk.com to be accessible on ports 21, 22,
> 80, 8080.  I have set "system-config-securitylevel" to allow these ports
> to be open.  But it seems as though my issue is a resolving issue.  Do I
> need to change resolv.conf for this to make the server see that it is
> pilotalk?  Or what do people think needs to happen next?

Frank Cox asked the correct question:  What is the issue?  If you expect
 accurate help you need to provide more nouns and verbs.  :-) But do you
 have any  processes listening on the  ports 21 (an ftpd),  22 (an sshd)
 and 80, 080 (an httpd)?

dlg

David L. Gehrt				Land Line:	805.541.2390
1865 Wilding Lane			Cell phone:	805.704.5890
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401-3044		Email:		dlg at inanity.net