F7 64bit 4G Memory

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Mon Jul 2 20:35:19 UTC 2007

Srikanth Konjarla wrote:

> I am running F7 in 64-bit mode on a laptop. I have upgraded the memory
> from 3G to 4G (Bios confirms it) but kernel sees only 3.2G (i have
> passed mem=4096M kernel parameter). Wondering if i am missing anything
> here.
>
> Snippet from dmesg
>
> Kernel command line: ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet mem=4096M
> Memory: 3345780k/3407424k available (2321k kernel code, 61256k reserved,
> 1377k data, 316k init)

Just a hunch but I think it might have something to do with PCI/PCI-E
address space allocations. Do you have a graphics card with a lot of RAM
on it for example? See if your BIOS has a feature similar to "remap PCI
address space above physical memory" or similar sounding option and
enable it.

--
Ian Chapman.