Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Mon Jul 2 22:04:23 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 23:25:22 +0200
"Valent Turkovic" <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:

> * NTFS support during installation
> there should be NTFS support built in to anaconda so that ntfs
> partitions are automatically recognized and added to /etc/fstab - and
> that users are given an option to make them read-only or to be mounted
> in read-write mode.

And I want the exact opposite :-). I'd like the ability to tell
anaconda: Hey! You see these disk drives here? Well stop looking
at them! They have raid arrays that nash will waste 15 minutes
dragging into the device mapper infrastructure, and I'm not gonna
ever use them when I have fedora booted. For God's sake, pretend they
don't exist! Don't add anything to initrd to access them, don't
add them to fstab, they were never there, you just imagined them :-).