artsd crashes

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Jul 3 10:45:45 UTC 2007

Javier Perez wrote:

> Hi
> I am having problems with Artsd crashing right and left.
>
> Soundcard detection works fine, but when I want to play whatever, Artsd
> crashes with any program (Noatun, etc.)

1. noatun has it's own set of issues, i'd recommend not using it.

2. update to kde-3.5.7 (in updates) if you haven't done so already.

3. last, please:
rpm -q arts kdemultimedia kdemultimedia-extras kdemultimedia-extras-nonfree

if you have current packages, and problem is still reproducible, please file
issue at bugzilla.redhat.com.

-- Rex