Crazy dependancy issues in f7?

Frank fluedke at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 12:04:47 UTC 2007

2007/7/3, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com>:

> > Now, I realise people say "fedora isnt for production environments" -
> > which this isnt. But grub requring gtk2, and smartmontools requiring
> > usermode? These are just silly dependency issues...
> >
> > I guess I'll probably have to file some bugs in bugzilla.
> >
> > Hi Dan, with the smallest hard drive you can buy 120 GB, why are you trying to make F7 look like Red Hat 6? Load the smallest F7 with no language or applications packages. Then goto /etc/rc.d/init.d and tell it to not start X.

  Each program that is installed on a productive server rises the risk
of a backdoor
 or similar problems. This means: even when X is not running on a
server it might
 contain a bug that allows a regular user to get root access. You do
not want that!

  Therefore a service should only (!) contain the programs needed to
run and nothing
 more.

Cheers,
 Frank